Monday, August 10, 2009

Art time – Yellow Prints

The theme for open-ended art this week was yellow and prints.  Check it out here.

I’ve been wanting to do some circle prints lately, with all the lids we’ve collected (since I’ve started doing creative stuff with M I can’t seem to throw anything away!), so I set it out yesterday morning.  M wanted blue paint too, and since it’s his art, I complied:

august 2009 016  I had some lids and some old spools too.  He was really interested in the spools.  He yelled, “look Mommy, steering wheels!”  Sure enough:

august 2009 018

He worked on this for a while, and he did notice that blue and yellow mixed together make green.  I know we’ve gone over that before, but this time he noticed it and mentioned it on his own.

august 2009 019

He started playing around with the paint right on the saucer, and I don’t remember his exact words, but I finally realized he wanted me to notice the designs he made on the saucers, and to hang them on the wall (we have one decorative plate on the wall, and I guess that gave him the idea).  We got some paper and pressed them onto the saucers, and made prints of his “designs”:

august 2009 002

(I know the masking tape holding up all his artwork in our house is just sooo elegant, isn’t it?)

Here’s the final product:

august 2009 001

Have a beautiful day! :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks great!! And, I'm TOTALLY the same with (not) throwing things out! Ha! Every empty container, spare lid or jar now gets washed and stored away because I just MIGHT come up with a good use for it. Hehehe! I think I currently have three empty egg cartons stashed away. :)

    We're off to do our prints in a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this turned out so nice! I think Matthew really connected to his project and not just to the nice way paint feels on hands like Anna did. And I also keep tons of stuff "for the future". Maybe one day it will be used - hopefully before Anna is in college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job...I love how these came out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...