Monday, November 30, 2009

The Art Box – November 30, 2009

November 30, 2009

blog pics 003 In the Art Box last week: scrap paper (including patterned paper, half a paper plate, construction paper scraps, tissue paper), some car pictures torn from a magazine, sponge, craft leaves, bubble wrap, glitter glue, glue in a bottle, gluestick, watercolors, foam stickers, paint brushes, scissors, flat piece of styrofoam, watercolor pencils, and tempera paints.

I know this sounds like a lot of stuff. I just pick up whatever catches my eye when I’m going through my art and craft stashes. The truth is M was interested in very little of it this week. I thought it might be neat to paint on the styrofoam, but he just wanted to saw it up with his toy saw. :)

And he only wanted to pop the bubbles on the bubble wrap. After he popped all of them he did put some stickers on it for a funky collage:blog pics 033 I always get a laugh from how this kind of thing keeps him occupied… so I just let him keep at it.

He experimented a little bit with my watercolor pencils. He didn’t have great success with this, I’m wondering if I should get him some watercolor crayons. Do any of you have them? Here’s what he made with the pencils and a little water: blog pics 017

He was very into painting this week. He was producing one painting after another. Some were watercolors: blog pics 036 blog pics 039

Some were tempera: blog pics 014 blog pics 015 blog pics 016

I found a way to have a small amount of tempera paints in his box for him. I bought this at Dollar Tree:blog pics 001 It’s a pill organizer. We take off the entire lid (instead of one section at a time), and M has this:blog pics 002 It’s perfect for his box. It has enough room for all the primary colors and an extra spot for white. He was very excited to see this.
Show us what your little artists did… Link up below!
Have a beautiful day! :)


9 comments:

  1. Awesome idea for paint storage. I've been trying to come up with a way to do the same thing. Off to the dollar store I go! Also, I almost bought water color pencils this week, but changed my mind. Now I'm glad I didnt' get them. I did buy some Crayola watercolor marker-like things. I'll let you know how they work out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great paintings your son made!

    I was thinking of using a pill box for tempera paints, but my kids always mix them so I've stuck with just putting a little on a plate for them at painting time... maybe once they outgrow their mixing phase (if they ever do)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to start this week. The pill box idea is so great. Just like MaryAnne said my guy too always mixes his paints and gets brown. I might just stick with two primary colors.

    M had awesome creations. D would have just sawed the styrofoam too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with MaryAnne - it looks like the best part of painting here is color mixing. But I do like your pill box idea for the future. It's funny what attracted M's attention this time, but his paintings are rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to add - your linky is not working - the start date appears to be incorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog this morning and I'm really enjoying it. I've been mourning (so to speak, but not really) that most of the "types" of blogs I like to read behind seem so... I'm really at a loss for words on how to describe it.

    I like blogs that seem to really be a "blog". A website about ones *own* life, sharing what works for them and how God is moving them. Not a website that is trying to "minister" to me (not that there is anything wrong with that...). I just prefer blogs that are about real people who are ministering to their own families. I find those are the most encouraging to me personally. Your blog has that quality:) (Not that you care, lol. But I thought I'd let you know why I like your blog, smile).

    I've added you to my blogroll:) Thanks!

    Learning to see,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pill box is a fabulous idea! I love dollar store finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh love your pill box find! great idea...
    so then do you just leave the paint in the pill box for the whole week? or do you just leave it out when you guys are doing painting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adding to the pill box mania. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...