Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Letter J j Lapbook Printables

Well.  I’ve finally gotten another letter lapbook finished up.  As much as M enjoys his cut and paste ABC pages and his ABC book, I really felt he was getting a better grasp of phonics and letter formation (etc.) from the lapbooks we had done.  He really enjoys these and they are fun for me to put together too.  They take some time, but we are in no hurry. :)

I have to admit the J lapbook was a difficult one for me… I had the toughest time coming up with good ideas.  Ah well, D is next (for dinosaurs, yay!) and I’ve already got a good hundred ideas floating around in my head.

So, here we go… our J j Lapbook:blog pictures 071 That’s the inside.  No craft on the front as of yet.

First, Things that Begin with J:blog pictures 072This is a standard for all our letter lapbooks.  We go through the pictures and reinforce the beginning sound.  M enjoys this very much for some reason.  It kind of ends up as a chant… j-j-j-jellybeans, j-j-j-jackhammer, j-j-j-jumprope.

Next, Color Sequencing with Jellybeans:blog pictures 073
Now, admittedly these jellybeans are a bit larger than regular jellybeans, and M did call them eggs as they were printing out, but he believed me when I told him they were jellybeans. :)  There are 5 colors and 3 jellybeans for each color.  M will sequence them from darkest to lightest or vice versa.

Number Sequencing with Jars:blog pictures 074Pretty simple here – just sequencing the jars from 1 to 5. 

Then we’ll count our jellybeans from above onto the jars:blog pictures 076

Jack and Jill Poem Sequencing Cards:blog pictures 077The sequencing cards are from here.  And there are 4 of them; I was missing one when I took the picture.  I added a little card that has the poem on it too.  I printed the sequencing cards much smaller than the originals, making them each 3”x2” so they will fit into the lapbook pocket.

Big J and Little j Sorting:blog pictures 079This is simple and pretty self-explanatory.  M loves jackhammers (and all things destructive), so I’m sure he’ll enjoy this.  In the future I may print the letters in various fonts too, but for now a simple sort seems best.

The back of the lapbook has one last pocket, Dot-to-dot J and j Letter Tracing:blog pictures 080These are laminated so M can practice on them with a dry-erase or window marker over and over again.

All of these activities are available for downloading and  printing here.  Like I always say, you don’t have to make  lapbook!  Just use them for activity packs or whatever! ;)

Have a beautiful day! :)

9 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff, Nicole! Love the jelly bean jars - I'll be sure to use this when we reach the letter J in a few weeks.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at your creativity. I was just thinking before your posts about whether I would be up for making some sort of a folder fun for Anna and decided against it yet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I cant wait to start letters with my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed at the lapbooks others make. I'm making our first real one. We've done a couple of others that didn't really turn out, but we'll see how this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, this is fantastic. I love it. We have not started learning any letters yet, although Savvy is showing more and more interest in writing her name. So we will be exploring that soon.

    I have never made a lapbook. I love all of your creative, brilliant ideas and skill practice opportunities you came up with for this. I really like the idea of colour sorting from darkest to lightest, or vice versa.

    This is such a brillinat resource. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing these, I'll be printing them out once we get new ink for our printer...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like all the unique things you have in the pack! The jelly beans are a great idea. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...